How to evaluate and decide the right Dubai chip tuning company?
As you want to perform a chip-tuning job on your car, you are a car enthusiast and you want to get the best quality and value for it. But, do you know which questions to ask to the chip tuning companies, in order evaluate them? This is where we want to raise to your attention the important facts to check.
Ask your potential chip tuners the below questions:
- Do they develop the tunes themselves or buy the files from other tuners?
There are so many “cheap” chip tuning file suppliers who can supply their files on a very low cost because they don’t have enough knowledge and tools for proper “development procedures” such as on-dyno and on-road data logging one after another for the best power in the safest limits. Ending up with such a chip-tuning job, turns your dream of better driving pleasure, in to a nightmare. Why, what could go wrong?:
– Getting some minor glitches on engine behavior
– Significantly increased wear and tear resulting engine break downs
– Not achieving the best possible power and smoothness out of your engine
If their answer is “yes” for in-house development, please ask: What parameters (spark advance, fuel, throttle response, torque thresholds, boost, etc) are modified in the engine management of your car? This question helps you to see if their “yes” is really a YES .
- Can they provide you the contact details of “happy customers” with same car as yours for reference?
It is always good to ask this question even if you would not call the “happy customers” to see the reaction of the tuner.
- Do they have their in-house Dyno? Do they have dyno results for the same brand, model and engine previously tuned?
If they say they develop the tuning files themselves, dyno is a must for this procedure at least for the very first file they made. In addition, you can ask a dyno result of a car, which they have done before, same brand, model and engine with yours. This helps you to see they work on the same cars before and confirm whether their verbal power claim match with the dyno result.
- Do they charge for the “stock file conversion” jobs you may need in the future?
Especially if your car is under warranty, it is better to convert back to stock file before the dealer scheduled maintenance for peace of mind, not to lose the warranty. If this job is with extra cost you should consider that when making the price comparisons.
- Can they do the “stock file conversion” any day and any time?
If they are a reseller for a tuner from another country, their “stock file conversion” jobs can be done only in the working days and times of their tuners. Besides the working week days and times, some national holiday differences, result some inconveniences in the future.
- Are they capable of custom chip tuning jobs for custom needs for your car?
In case you may need to do minor or major modifications on your engine, will they be able to make custom tunes for different performance hardware? If not, you will need to search another tuner in the future and re-tune job will be more costly in another shop.
- What other performance and routine jobs do they offer for your car?
You may get much better prices when there are jobs combined at the same time. If you need other jobs needs to be done, you can bargain combined jobs if they perform the other jobs you need.
- Ask them if they have a written job order to define the official terms and conditions?
If they don’t, we suggest stay away. If they have please check the terms and conditions that will be signed for this job.